Call NOW 480-666-4730
TALK TO A LICENSED INVESTIGATOR

Man Arrested in Connection With Deadly Manchester Bombing at Ariana Grande Concert

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A 23-year-old man has been arrested in South Manchester, England, in connection with Monday’s deadly bombing at an Ariana Grande concert, Greater Manchester Police reported on Tuesday.

The man believed to be the sole attacker died at the scene after setting off a homemade explosive device that killed 22 people and injured at least 50 more Monday night at Manchester Arena, officials said. Neither he nor any potential accomplices have been publicly identified.

Speaking earlier on Tuesday, British Prime Minister Theresa May said authorities had not yet confirmed identification of the attacker nor determined if he was acting alone.

The bombing — which British May denounced Tuesday as an “appalling, sickening terrorist attack” — occurred toward the end of a concert by American pop star Ariana Grande.

It is the worst terrorist attack in the U.K. since the London bombings on July 7, 2005, that claimed 52 lives.

The explosion happened in the foyer of the arena, not the main event hall, according to the British Transport Police, which protects adjacent Victoria Station. Concertgoers were evacuated from the Manchester Arena following a “loud bang,” Greater Manchester Police said.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Cannes Film Festival Sets Moment of Silence for Manchester ‘Horror’

Donald Trump Calls Manchester Bombing Perpetrators ‘Evil Losers in Life’ (Video)

Stars React to Deadly Manchester Bombing at Ariana Grande Concert: ‘Brokenhearted’

22 People Killed, 59 Injured at Ariana Grande’s Manchester UK Concert After Suicide Bomb

Source: the wrap feed